Richmond Solution Ecosystem
Our ecosystem offers students and teachers different digital environments, formats, and learning paths to achieve a school’s goals for their English program.
With the help of this evidence-based strategic approach to learning, we support institutions in their educational transformation with the following ecosystem.
Our Richmond Solution ecosystem
Richmond Solution offers a 100% digital (online and offline) learning format. In this way, students can learn flexibly. They are not limited by time or location. This format is interactive both synchronously and asynchronously and it is centered around the use of technology.
Mixed model (blended learning)
Under this mixed or blended learning model, Richmond Solution offers both students and teachers the ability to interact in different scenarios and through the use of different types of materials.
Richmond Solution enhances the use of educational technology through a rich digital environment: the Richmond Learning Platform. This platform allows the English language teaching and learning process to go beyond the classroom. The tool allows students to access their learning content virtually, and perform practice and consolidation activities. They get immediate feedback and are constantly assessed.
One of the features of the Richmond Learning Platform is its versatility. This is thanks to the different ways it integrates with other platforms such as e-stela, myON, Google Classroom, Teams, Zoom, and Meet. In this way, it facilitates interface with other digital environments.
Richmond Learning Platform for teachers
For teachers, there is a complete set of contents, useful class management tools, and the markbook, which allows teachers to monitor classwork.
Richmond Learning Platform for students
Students can work with content synchronously and asynchronously through the digital ecosystem.
Offline Solution App
The Offline Solution App allows students to work asynchronously and without the need for an Internet connection: anywhere and any time. Students can download their content to any mobile device with at least an 8-inch screen.
When they finish practicing, students can connect to the web to synchronize their results, which are sent to the teacher's markbook. This makes learning trackable once again.
Trackable e-Student’s Book
This has fully interactive class content with trackable activities and one-click access to audio, video, and animations.
This has color content with fully interactive practice and feedback. It is ideal for homework.
Richmond Solution content is designed to support the teacher in a 100% digital or blended model. This is why Richmond Solution has designed a teaching component called Teacher's i-Solutions. The teacher's i-book allows access to all class content and its fully interactive teaching and learning materials. Materials are organized into step-by-step lesson plans and in the form of learning paths.
Each lesson on the course is presented in the form of a learning path so that the teaching sequence to follow is clear at a glance. This path includes access to all course teaching and learning materials, as well as to additional interactive resources.
These activities are color-coded to identify which is MANDATORY material and which is OPTIONAL.
Richmond Solution's methodology places the student at the center of the teaching-learning process to achieve maximum participation in and out of the classroom. One of the main goals is the development of 21st-century skills. These are necessary for the student to put into practice what they have learned on the program.
Learner-centered, cooperative, and task-based methodologies are action-oriented and focus on how the student learns from scenarios, contexts, projects, or problems. These communicative situations foster a constructive and resolute process which connects the student to real life and the practical application of their knowledge.
Richmond Solution implements action-oriented methodologies as follows:
01. Flipped classroom
- Richmond Solution proposes a flipped classroom to facilitate meaningful learning through work on more complex skills and knowledge-related mental processes.
- When using the flipped classroom model, the teacher asks their students to explore resources and topics prior to class. This means that in class, the focus is on production and the development of higher-order skills.
02. Cooperative learning:
- One of the goals of the Richmond Solution methodology is for children to be able to perform tasks or activities in English in small teams. In these teams, each member has a specific role. Once these tasks have been completed, this collaborative work can be celebrated as a success for all, rather than just for the individual.
03. Thought-based learning
- Through this methodology, Richmond Solution aims to have students develop thought schemes and skills related to English language learning. This methodology also enables them to make good decisions and solve problems effectively.
04. Project-based learning
- Through project-based learning (PBL), the student learns in a guided and sequenced way to give presentations and apply communicative skills through projects. Furthermore, PBL allows the teacher to use differentiated instruction to reach the specific objectives of each competency. PBL also develops 21st-century skills and collaborative learning.
Es una serie de seis niveles de primaria que se puede utilizar de manera impresa, mixta o 100% digital, y lleva a los alumnos a un nivel A2 del Marco Común Europeo de Referencia (MCER). Go! International presenta un enfoque ecléctico que toma lo mejor de los últimos desarrollos en la metodología de la enseñanza del idioma inglés y los entrelaza cuidadosamente dentro de un marco comunicativo.
Go! International, como parte de los contenidos de Richmond Solution, incorpora el drama y tres metodologías activas: aula invertida, aprendizaje cooperativo, aprendizaje basado en el pensamiento.
Now You! is a four-level series for teenagers that can be used in print, blended, or 100% digital formats. It takes students to a B1+ level on the CEFR. The course proposes an eclectic approach that takes the best of the latest developments in ELT teaching methodology, and carefully intertwines them within an attractive communicative framework for teenagers.
Now You!, as part of Richmond Solution, incorporates 21st-century skills development, linguistic mediation, and three methodologies: the flipped classroom, collaborative learning, and project-based learning.
We have several options depending on the number of hours of English the students study per week.
We have different approaches and varied content areas: EFL, ESL, and CLIL.
Richmond Solution is at the forefront of different digital developments. These offer diverse tools such as gamification, digital books, apps, and a powerful digital reading program.
Visit Richmond ELT website for more details
Richmond Solution enables partner schools to follow up on the students’ learning with a range of linked and sequenced assessments aligned to the CEFR. These assessments are organized in the Richmond Test Manager. The teacher can assess constantly from the beginning to the end of the course.
This determines the starting point for the student according to the CEFR.
These assess on a regular basis how well the student is developing their competences in the second language according to the contents covered in class.
At the end of the academic cycle, this assesses the student’s progress against the objectives proposed at the beginning of the course. It is a mirror of the initial assessment.
Simulation of standardized international English language exams
This is focused on preparing students for an international English language proficiency exam.
Those schools interested can also access an international certification through one of our partners.
Richmond Solution presents different ways of analyzing and interpreting data to inform pedagogical decisions. This improves student learning over a given academic period. Comparative reports can be obtained from the different digital environments at the beginning and end of a year, or for several years.
With Richmond Learning Platform analytics, the teacher can obtain data and results for each student's language-skill performance as well as for the whole class. Results are represented in percentage and graph format
Some of the most important analytics generated by the Richmond Learning Platform are from the CEFR-based diagnostic and exit tests. These show the student's individual progress in their acquisition of the English language as well as the class average.
Richmond Solution offers year-by-year data comparison for up to three years by creating an index that measures the fulfillment of each school's goals and the students’ progress. This index allows you to measure how well the following elements of Richmond Solution are being exploited:
- Richmond Learning Platform
- Richmond Test Manager
- Teaching practice
- Reading Program
Richmond Solution's methodological proposal places the student at the center of the teaching-learning process. They can achieve maximum participation in and out of the classroom. One of the main objectives is the development of 21st-century skills. These skills are necessary for the student to apply what they have learned on the program.
Our academic consulting and coaching support innovation in the school’s English program in a strategic and flexible way. We guide teachers through a scenario in which they learn and teach in an interconnected world. In this way, the teacher understands and applies action-oriented and dynamic digital methodologies to promote better language learning.
Any transformation process must clearly identify progress and demonstrate the results achieved. Richmond Solution's academic consulting and coaching methodology for institutions consists of the following steps:
- The characteristics, expectations and needs of the school are analyzed and determined.
- A diagnostic assessment of the students’ level is performed.
- Specific areas of work are determined. For example: methodology, curriculum, teaching accompaniment, etc.
- An annual Richmond Solution implementation plan is established at the school.
A professional development plan is established with the following components:
- Methodology for the teaching of English as a foreign language
- Systematic assessment (formative and summative)
- Educational technology
- Evidence of learning (learning analytics) using tools on the Richmond Learning Platform and myON.
- Course and assessment planning
- Program and curricular adjustments
- Learning analytics report
- Accompaniments to class
- Progress in professional development
- Application of standardized tests and analysis of results
- Transformation of data into pedagogical actions
- Workshops and training courses based on classroom needs and practices
The academic coaching process is carried out as follows:
- Planning and assessment sessions
- Synchronous virtual sessions (individual and group)
- Virtual training courses for teachers